Waldport Heritage Museum/ AHGS

Mailing Address

PO Box 822
Waldport OR 97394

Physical Address

320 NE Grant St
Waldport OR 97394

541-563-7092

The Heritage Museum was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1941 as a barracks for a new camp, "Building 1381" was originally located on government property four miles south of Waldport Oregon. At the end of the war, many of the buildings were aquired by the US Forest Services and used as storage facilities for the Waldport Ranger District. Before the building was donated to The City of Waldport in 1965 it was used as the residence for the Alsea District Forest Ranger and as the original site of Angell Job Corps Center. It was moved to its present location in 1988 and leased to the Alsi Historical and Genealogical Society. Over the next ten years the building was completely remodeled as a museum by the society. On January 4, 1997, the Waldport Heritage Museum opened to the public.

Email Us